Tell Us About Yourself Here!

A place to initially say 'hello'

Tell Us About Yourself Here!

Postby CONEXPCJ on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:56 pm

I guess I'll start. Chris Mullin here from Concrete Express in chilly, snow covered Salem, CT. My father Don and I have owned and operated volumetric concrete mixers since 1991. Presently we operate 2 Elkin units, one four and one six yard unit in the southeastern Connecticut area. We have put many other mobile concrete companies in business, and enjoy doing R&D for the industry. I look forward to using this forum to see what others are doing around the world with their mixers. Hopefully I will learn a few things that will better our business. :idea:
Attachments
IMG_1667 (Small).jpg
IMG_1667 (Small).jpg (88.08 KiB) Viewed 12418 times
Concrete Express, Inc.
Salem, CT
conexpcj@comcast.net
CONEXPCJ

Hello!

Postby mhauer on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike Hauer and I am the owner of Concrete Quick LLC which is based in Coventry, RI . I am running one 4 yard mixer and have owned other units in the past. I have worked on many different imoprvements over the past 11 years that I have been in business. It has been a long hard road getting my business to run like it does with minimal headaches as it does now. Hopefully, I can help others from making my mistakes and I am eager to learn what others have done . I can be reached at 401-640-1237
Last edited by mhauer on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mhauer

Happy to be here

Postby concrete-steve on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:06 pm

My name is Steve Urbowicz. My brother Brian and I own and run Concrete Connections in Branford, CT. We have 2 Elkin 5 yard mixers mounted on Kenworth trucks. Many improvements and upgrades to the mixers have been done over the 13 years we have been in business, with lots of help from our friends running these trucks here in the Northeast. I would like to say we've seen it all with these trucks, but as many of you know there are still things that come up which can stump any of us, which is why I am very happy to see this forum. Hats off to everyone involved in getting this up and running.
concrete-steve

Let's Mix It Up!

Postby LeeMR on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Hey All,

Lee Gentile Here. This is my first year in the mobile mix business. I'm located in Norfolk, Massachusetts. I purchased a Zim Mixer at end of 2007 season, worked on making some repairs and improvements over last winter, and started actively selling concrete this year. Business has been slowly picking up, and I have even established a couple of repeat customers. Not bad for a down economy!

In one of my many online searches, looking for information on mobile concrete mixing, I came across a blog which Don Mullin had written. I contacted Don, and subsequently met him and his son Chris and his mobile mix "associates" from the Connecticut area. This has been the most helpful group of guys I've had the pleasure to meet.

Hat's off to Don! His genuine love of the business, and the people who make it happen, is rare indeed. His idea for this forum, I think, will be one of the best things to happen to the mobile mix industry in a long time. I know as a newcomer to the business, other than going directly to the manufacturer, I had no idea where to start. Thank you Don!

And I don't want to sound like I'm demeaning the manufacturers, because everyone at Zimmerman has been a great help to me. As I am sure that the other manufacturers are to their customers. There are issues though, that are common across all types of mixers, and to have forum where we can exchange our personal experiences, and solutions will be a great tool.

I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone! Although I'm going be a "taker" of ideas at this point, I'm more that glad to share what little knowledge I do have.

Sincerely,

Lee G.
Last edited by LeeMR on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Gentile

MIX-RITE CONCRETE
http://www.mix-rite.com
888-MIX-RITE (649-7483)
228 Dedham Street
Norfolk, MA 02056
lee@mix-rite.com
LeeMR

Re: Tell Us About Yourself Here!

Postby JerryGaubert on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 am

Hi,
My name is Jerry Gaubert and I'm from Dallas, TX. I work for Custom-Crete and we run 55 mobile mixers in the DFW, Austin, San Antonio and Houston markets. I've been in the mobile mix business for about 15 1/2 years.

This looks like a great start to a forum that users can share information and ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.
JerryGaubert

Postby smnstn on Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Hello, all. Simon Stanfield here. I finally joined this forum as a sponsor. I have met most of you who have posted comments and introductions so far. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still vertical and taking nourishment in '09 -- and like everyone else -- hoping for some change, BIG TIME. Mobile mixers should be key to reconstructing the American infrastructure. They have been used for nearly a half-century for remote applications, high-tech bridge repair, FAA lighting, high-speed patching, gunite and shotcrete. We are now staring a few newer uses right in the face for which mobiles seem well-suited, such as SCC formulated concrete, controlled-density fill and pervious concrete. These are areas many ready-mix contractors would prefer not to risk their drums serving, but mobile volumetric mixers can serve consistently.

I have been around volumetric production, as we know it, since 1981. I have worked with all the current brands of mixers in the field, including some that didn't make the cut. But all of them made concrete in their day. Today's mix specs and project demands are more exacting than ever. Hopefully I can be of assistance through this site. I look forward to meeting those of you I haven't, and visiting with those I have, in the near future.
Contact me directly on my Verizon cellphone: 515-491-5631 (Remember, Verizon cutomers talk free to each other.)

smnstn
Last edited by smnstn on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
smnstn

Postby random on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Hello,

My name is Mark Dorman. In 1981 I got my feet wet and my knuckles busted rebuilding Daffins. I've continued to build and design volumetric mixers since then and I'm truly excited that Don and Chris started this forum. I believe in the sharing of knowledge. I’ve gone through most of my life believing that I learn more by listening than talking so I would like to encourage everyone to share a concern a question or a suggestion and your success stories on this forum. Proverbs 27:17 Says, Iron sharpens iron, as one man sharpens another. In other words we need interaction to promote knowledge. I feel the best way to raise the acceptance level of mobile mixers and our chances as an industry to thrive is by helping each other.

Sincerely

Mark
Dorman
random

Postby lmkahl on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Hello everyone, Leo Kahl here. I am the marketing person for a company called CERATECH

Some of you may have already heard of us. we manufacture a new, non-Portland kind of cement that can be used very effectively in volumetric mixers. It has a return to service of just 2 hours and is easier to use than some of the other rapid set cements traditionally used. It's also a near 100% green product, a characteristic that will become ever more important to your customers.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself. If anyone wants to know more look us up
lmkahl

Postby stevel3551 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I am the manager of Dynamix Concrete a division of Parry Concrete Ltd across the pond in the UK.
I spoke to Don on Friday we had lengthy and pleasant chat and he recommended registering on this forum.

We operate 3 units: 2 reimer, 9 cubic yarders on Scania 114c/340 and 1, 9 cubic yarder on a Volvo FM12 with a drum mixer on the rear which we manufactuered ourselves. We've been operating since 1996 with one truck and progressed to 3 in 2006.

We have operated a cemen-tech for 1 year back in 04' but decided to buy 2 reimers instead.

When we started you could count on two hands firms similar to ourselves and we all used to know eachother and call eachother and even pass jobs on if a job was out of our catchment area. But over the last 5 years or so there have been more and more companies starting up using volumetric mixers so communication has ceased. Competition has been stiff within the last couple of years but I hope that from joining this forums we can all interact and get some useful knowledge/tips on how to keep our trucks in top condition and carry on supplying quality concrete.

Our website is: http://www.dynamixconcrete.co.uk

Many Thanks

Steve Lewis
Last edited by stevel3551 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
stevel3551

Postby Mark X on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:00 pm

My name is Mark Gardiner. I own one Reimer 9 yd mixer for the past 5 seasons on the Canadian prairies 100 miles north of Minot ND.
My goal is to provide a quality product with superb service rather than get into a price war with the ones selling a commodity.
Thanks to Don for getting this started and hopefully we all learn lots and meet some new people.

My e-mail is markgard@mts.net
cell or txt message 204-748-7989

Mark
Mark X

Next

Return to Introductions