Global vs Cementech

Global vs Cementech

Postby Timberline on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Hey guys I have been running global mixers the last couple years and am looking at buying a couple cementechs and was wondering your opinions and differences between the two?

Thanks
Timberline

Re: Global vs Cementech

Postby harberconcrete on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Disclaimer!!! (This is what I think happened). I cannot tell you much about Global, but unless I am mistaken Global no longer exists. I believe that the original name was 3D which became Global and is now International Mobile Mixers and can be located in this forum under manufacturers. This has all happened in a 3 to 5 year period. Disclaimer End.
I have owned Cementech mixers since 2000 and have been extremely pleased with them. The quality, service department, sales staff and parts dept. are all top notch, and although I have no experience with any other company I can assure you that you can not go wrong with them. Now having said that, what I have experienced from discussions with other owners is that this industry has tremendous manufacturer loyalty from mixer owners. (ie for many years you were either a Ford or Chevy truck guy). I would bet that many manufacturers could give you a long list of satisfied owners, as well as a smaller list of owners who have switched to their mixers from another brand and "would never go back". Once you have decided who you are going to buy from my advice to you would be to talk to several mixer owners from that company to get advice/opinions on options (color systems, fibers, etc). Do your research! Depending on where you live (unfortunately not where I live) you may be spending more than you would on a home.
harberconcrete

Return to Equipment