Web Site Placement

Web Site Placement

Postby LeeMR on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:27 am

Does anyone have any expertise on how to make your web site show up better when someone does a search for our services? I know key words placed on your index page are helpful, and I've played around with those. Was just looking for any other tips that may have worked. I set up my own web site, which is not hard to do by the way, and I like playing around with different things to see what results I get. I'm no tech guru, and can always use tips.
Lee Gentile

MIX-RITE CONCRETE
http://www.mix-rite.com
888-MIX-RITE (649-7483)
228 Dedham Street
Norfolk, MA 02056
lee@mix-rite.com
LeeMR

Re: Web Site Placement

Postby christopherfeik on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Your website needsto have several key ingredients for Google and other search engines to pick it up. First is the use of what are called META Tags and META PHRASES. These are what search engines first look for. They also tell
the search engines how often to check back with your website for updates. The body of your home page and each additional pages content should also mention these key words and phrases within the paragraphs. Google can not search the text within pictures so avoid using pictures in place of text to tell about yourself. Use the pictures to accompany the text.

Make sure to explain how you are better than your competitors. Even use there names if you can do so legally. This will help you pop up when others search for them.

Add a program that tells how people are getting to your website. Google Analytic is free and can help you tweak your website later and lets you know what key words are being used to find your site and what part of the world people are coming from.

You also need to include links to other pages in your site and other websites that deal with our industry. This could be local contractors, suppliers, or other companies like yours around the country. Last is something that I have yet to do but my programmer friends tells me I should do. That is to BLOG and to mention my company by name in the blog on a regular basis. Tell what you are doing or what has happened in the previous week with your company or the industry. Post links to your website and to other websites if possible in your blog.

These small things will help you in your online advertising and should cost you little to no money.

I am based in Ogden Utah. My largest competitor is the U Cart, Carry Crete companies. Feel free search what you think would be searched for. My site is not pretty but is found quite often and praised by contractors and homeowners for the concrete calculator and tips.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
christopherfeik

Return to Advertising & Marketing