Few pics from WOC

Few pics from WOC

Postby CONEXPCJ on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 am

Here are a few shots I was able to take ...
Attachments
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
Concrete Express, Inc.
Salem, CT
conexpcj@comcast.net
CONEXPCJ

Re: Few pics from WOC

Postby speedy on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

So what are the thoughts on the Cemen Tech - REED 'mixer-pump'?

http://www.reedpumps.com/mixerpump.htm

Is it practical for the industry?

Are your operators willing to take on 2 jobs and the increased risk of operating a concrete pump as well?

The short time I ran my VM business, I felt that my full attention needed to be on producing the best quality mix.

And being a concrete pumper, I know full well the responsibilities and the risks and dangers inherent to pumping. Ingesting air and plugging and releasing, causing a hose-whip is the most serious aspect of operating a pump.

How many fingers and hands are going to be lost in the S-tube or water-box?

What do you supose the legal material payload will be?

I thought this was a great set-up, mind you it's just slab-jacking, a lot less involved in making the mix, and you are working with the same crew all the time and they know the drill, so there is a lot of back-up there.

If I was to set something like this up, I think I'd go with a tandem axle on the pump, less tongue weight and it would track better. IMHO
speedy

Re: Few pics from WOC

Postby smnstn on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:14 pm

The best outfit like this I ever imagineered is still being used today. the whole kaboodle is mounted on a tri-axle, drop deck, semi-trailer that can be pulled with any available tractor. This increases the load capacity by one-third, and if the job is stationary, the tractor can drop the trailer with its pony motor and hook up to a cement tanker or dump trailer to haul in materials. The crew is always the same. There are some other variations still in use that make a lot of sense as well. Also, consider the fact that the trailer mounted rig is actually more maneuverable than the stretched out straight truck.

Simon Stanfield
smnstn@msn.com
smnstn

Return to General Discussion